Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The jokes on us - Stand Up for Mental Health

Absolutely, otherwise it is just tragic! Do you remember Steady Eddie who had some ghastly disability, cerebral palsy I think? Initially, I felt very uncomfortable that this guy whose body was so twisted making jokes about it, and in time thought he was extraordinarily brave to get on stage and be a comic.

I am watching it on iview...hoping it will be as funny as the performance last year..

Am I the only one who cried watching this?
"They gave me away"........

I would like to do a course like this.
I've been performing as a muso for 30 years but always under a pseudonym. I would like to try something like this but under my own name. To own the performance and be myself.

Dream on lil doggy , dream on.........................

Hi all,

I would also like to find out about Stand up for Mental Health. I would love to participate in this. Another thing I found - which is not necessarily humour although I guess it could be, is This is my brave. It is also in NA. What do you think @Rick & others? Shall we start advocating Neami & EACH etc for these things to be introduced more widely here?

Kind regards,

Kristin

Contact WISE Employment Services as they developed the program and sponsored it..

We don't have anything like this in queensland but I think PIR, open minds and neami might be persuaded as they've hosted gigs last year.

I'll talk to some folk I know.

How many forum members might be intersted?

I'm definitely interested @Rick . Neami are new in my area (rural/outer east of Melb). I am currently with EACH who I will asking about it. If Neami decide to run it then I would consider moving to them. Though to be honest I think I am probably too functional to qualify for NDIS, in spite of my diagnoses and struggles.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Hiiiii everyone!

@kristin @Rick @kato @kenny66 @JT @Alessandra1992 @SCORPION and @Neb 

I'm quite excited to let you know that next week for Topic Tuesday we're going to be having a very special guest: performer, comedian and musician Daniel Tobias will drop in talk about how to use humour when going  through tough times.

Daniel has just recently performed his solo show The Orchid and Crow where he spoke about his personal experiences with facing cancer and doubts in faith. He's also in the pop-rock duo, Die Rotten Punkte. So he knows all about how we can use humour. - As the old saying goes, 'humour is the best medicine. Woman Very Happy

BOOK IT IN YOUR DIARIES - APRIL 21st.

Click 'like' if we're going to see you there.

Hope to see you there...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance