Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

thank you @Snowie , @Appleblossom ❤️

Hi @Owlunar2 Nice to see you 💙 I am still struggling with my back so not around much lately either - think of you and others here often though 💕

Hi @Zoe7 💙

Great to see you - I understand about back problems.

I have been overwhelmed with maintenance issues - problems - yes - physical issues can wear us down too.

There is a dead animal in the unit adjoining mine - which has been abandoned. No one wants to deal with it and it would be so easy to pay a pest exterminator to get up and take it out - but no! It's privately owned.

I guess I am more than slightly cheesed off - at least it's cold and wet today and the smell - which was atrocious during the warm night we had - is less. 

My dental surgery is healing up well and I will be seeing the surgeon in - ah - about 6 weeks - and I so hate to be a Pollyanna - it's still a long time.

I have been thinking about you often and know when you don't post you must be having some kind of battle - I am sending you my best thoughts.

And - I just thought - when I get these maintenance issues sorted I might just fly to Hobart for a few days - that would be great - my last trip wasn't exactly a holiday and I need a break right now.

Thinking of you always

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Oh a trip to my city would be great for you @Owlunar2 I know how hard the last time was for you with your uncle's funeral. Such a tough time for you 😢

Hi @Zoe7 

Hopefully all the drama around here will settle soon - and I can take a trip away from home - and Hobart seems like a peaceful and pleasant place to take a break -

I wish you the best about your back issues - I am glad you are seeing someone about them - it's tough - I know - and your little kids sound so wonderful - and they have a wonderful teacher too,

All the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Actually - I am wondering how to get my little owl in the solar eclipse picture back - right now I don't have a mouse and need to get a new one - when I have another assisted shopping trip - or maybe now life is settling down I will work a screen shot.

💖

Hi @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Snowie @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Oaktree @Faith-and-Hope @tonys @TAB @Eve7 @Emelia8 @nervouswreck 

Most of the maintenance issues around here have been up - right now there is a painting fixing the ceiling where the rain came through - using anti-mould treatment - and that's the end.

And I have to get my DVR repaired - that has seemed like the lease of my problems - I have been watching old stuff on my computer - I have two seasons of Downton Abbey I had forgotten about - I found the other seasons on my computer - so this is a treat.

The main problem was the stink in my unit - it came and went and moved around and kept getting worse - my support workers knew it was here and could vouch for me - it was never around when someone came to check.

The pest exterminator had checked my roof and he came back - yes - he could smell it - it was in the wall cavity between my unit and the one next door - and that property - which has been abandoned - is now being repaired to be sold - which is a relief.

I generally cope well with the on-going issues that everyone has in their lives - but this dead possum issue was really making me ill - physically ill - I will recover now - 

It's good to be back - I haven't felt really useful for a few weeks - I haven't forgotten anyone though

All the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

need to be able to open a window at least @Owlunar2  ive had mouse smells and cockroach smells before, erk ..

@Owlunar2 See if yu can copy from here 💕

Dec.png

Chasing down smells,   @Owlunar2 .   I really feel for you.     Its a definite flaw in the design of the possum.  Once they   wriggle there fat butt into a tight spot, they seem to lack the reverse gear to back on out.   Hope you are  right back up on top of your perch soon @Owlunar2 .

Kind thoughts to you .                                                 tonys 

@Owlunar2 

Just a flyby kwik hug.  Glad you are back on board.

Hey @Zoe7 U2 re hugs

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance