Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Kali-Tara
Casual Contributor

Recovery challenges and Mornings

Hi, I am new here, this is my second post. I have oodles of lived experience, negotiating services etc and a way of recovery I have cobbled together along the way. Just looking to connect with peers for those lonesome moments I guess. Habits of isolation can be hard to shift sometimes.

Well lets face it recovery is not for the faint-hearted!

I have to keep encouraging myself, pushing out of comfort zones. Tricky atm as my work place is in Covid lockdown. I am going to work today knowing that four people who are there are Covid positive. I don't have it yet - fingers-crossed and all that!

Sometimes I just think to myself 'It is the morning and mornings can be like this.' Mornings can be anxious. Mornings can be opportunities. Mornings pass.

Don't jump down the rabbit hole, jump over it!

So using some morning time to connect with my peers in a new way.

Thanks Morning People.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Recovery challenges and Mornings

Hi and welcome, @Kali-Tara ! I'm another morning person 🙂

I was thinking - surely those 4 Covid-positive people won't be at your workplace? They'll be home isolating? 

I really hope you don't catch it! 

Morning @Kali-Tara,

Welcome to the forums - my name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. We have a lot of lovely members with a variety of lived experience so I am sure you will find plenty of friends here.

I like your saying "don't go down the rabbit hole, jump over it!". It really resonates with me! I use to fall for the `going down the rabbit hole' thing, I much more aware to jump over it (or at least try really hard to jump it). 

I agree with @NatureLover, if your work mates have covid shouldn't they be in isolation and not at work? I don't think I would want to go somewhere where I knew for a fact someone had covid!

Hope today and the week ahead is kind to you and look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Welcome @Kali-Tara! If you're looking to connect with others, you've found the right place ❤️ I'm TuxedoCat, one of the peer support workers here, so nice to e-meet you! 

And thank you for sharing a bit of your story. I also struggle with mornings. I've always related to the idea of "getting out of the wrong side of bed" and feeling like the whole day can be off-kilter. But I've slowly been learning different strategies for  dealing with it in the moment. Is there anything you do when you're feeling that way? 

If you're ever feeling lonesome of particularly anxious in the morning, we have a thread called Good Morning where you can pop in and say hello! 

I thought I'd also tag some of our community guides (a great team of forumites who are super welcoming and supportive of our community) so you can meet some of them @Anastasia  @AussieRecharger  @BPDSurvivor  @Faith-and-Hope  @HenryX  @jem80  @Judi9877  @NatureLover  @outlander  @Shaz51  @ShiningStar  @Snowie  @Hams  @wellwellwellnez  @Zoe7  @Aniela  @Boo13  @maddison  @pinklollipop15  @Eve7 

Welcome again ❤️ 

TuxedoCat

@Kali-Tara wrote:

Well lets face it recovery is not for the faint-hearted!

Hey @Kali-Tara I hear you! Welcome to the forums 👋 🌸

Hi there @Kali-Tara and welcome to the forum.

I am not a morning person at all but really enjoyed your post, especially the "jump the rabbit hole" instead of falling down it bit.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance