Skip to main content

Forums

Re: not coping

Maybe it's time to think about starting to find some things that interest you @outlander 

Or things you liked doing before you became a carer. I know with your pain levels that this can be hard, but you might just find a few things that you enjoy.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander sorry things are extra tough for you atm hun - if there's anything you wanna chat about or get off your chest, I'm here for you 💜

there is nothing @Snowie
i had hobbies and i dont feel like doing any of them. i have no motivation or energy to do it.

i got a tattoo but the excitement from that has even worn off now.
i still have to think about moving as well but i cant till i pay some debts off and i still have so much of the house to do. i need to ty and get as much as possible done before i go away in july for a few weeks if i make it till then mentally as its going downhill fast.

thanks @Jynx guess its just everything
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander mm I hear you hun, it's a big pile of ugh, a barrel of blech, and a helping of oof. 

Is there a bit of a sense of there being so much to do that your hobbies feel like a 'waste of time' at the moment? Or more the anhedonia side of things? 

I don’t know @Jynx doesn’t matter what hobby I pick up like drawing or crochet or even scrapbooking I do about 10 minutes and I give up. There’s no joy in it
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Mm so anhedonia stuff @outlander. That is so rough hun. Have you had a chance to chat to any of your supports about it? 

What supports @Jynx I don’t have anyone.
I had support workers but it got to expensive so I don’t have them and haven’t had them for a while now and my mhcp is nearly finished so sessions are basically once a month at this point because even though my insurance will cover some it’s not enough right now I can’t afford the big gap fees at this stage
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander oh no I'm sorry hun, I didn't realise you'd had to cancel your SWs, that does make things harder. Anhedonia is such a tricky one, and unique to everyone as to the underlying causes. I found this blog that talks about the science of it - it talks about certain regions of the brain responsible for our mood regulation that can shrink, thus making it harder to produce dopamine. The article is related to addiction but I think it can be widely applicable, and there's some suggestions in there to try, if you wanted. It is treatable, is also a big takeaway - regions that can shrink can also grow again, it just takes time. 

I'm logging off soon so I will bid you goodnight hun. I hope tomorrow is easier on you, and I will chat to you next time. Huuugs🫂💜

80533095_979174209106232_2807698221080510464_n.jpg

thanks @Jynx ill read it

Hey @outlander ,

Hope you are okay.

Thinking of you.