Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Tagged you in my post with the official OT association definition @Glisten 🙂🙌🏻

@PinkFlamingo my Mrs spent time working in OT office while studying, she doesn’t work in the field now she studied and works in another area of health

not the health where she could fix my knee today though that would of been handy

It's just lovely when you say hello to your roommates, and she just completely ignores me. 

Ah that’s shit

Sounds nice your Mrs was there supporting us OT’s, and I hope she enjoys her chosen area of health @ArraDreaming 🙌🏻🙂

@PinkFlamingo  Thank you. I read what Google was telling me. But I don’t understand the application of Mental Health OT.

I didn’t sleep last night, my brain is struggling.

Today will be small amounts of information and concentration, frequent breaks, followed by a sauna.

G

How do I know if my roommates don’t like me? They have been passive-aggressive and my friend even noticed the other day.

Hey there @Glisten 🙂🌺

sounds like an easy arvo would be nice? 🙂 

I’ll keep this really easy 🌺.. MH OT when I was working, helped reduce or remove - with all my skills/toolkit/resources possible - any barriers that got in the way of someone achieving what they needed to be as independent as they wanted to be.. for instance, budget help, caring for one’s health and home (or finding a home), finding work, finding friends/reconnecting with community, etc. 

I was once told my job was the jack of all trades of smoothing the way to moving forward with life. 
Hope that helps 💜🌺🙂

Sorry to hear that @Birdofparadise8 😔💜

I do think that if the accommodation is somehow in some way connected to the uni, it likely falls under their policies regarding rights and responsibilities of students, as well as codes of conduct and bullying..? 
Otherwise, if it’s a situation where it’s private rental, it falls under state and federal various Acts (discrimination, etc) as far as I was aware..my knowledge is a bit out of date though, and these concepts would need to be checked for currency. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance