Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: My Mosaic

@Bow haha I mean, be lying if I hadn't wished for that myself! If only being knocked unconscious wasn't like, extremely bad for our brains 😅

Sounds like a super amazing display - I do believe that our homes are a wonderful place to be able to express ourselves. Which is why I really despise minimalism 😂 Give me an overcrowded mish mash of cool treasures and trinkets over an almost empty (except like one drab piece of art) display shelf any day!

Everyone is Grrr-ing you for...using the jigsaw? Or for the V? I mean either way... your body, your choice, right? 

I will bid you adieu for now hun, as I'll be heading off soon! Hope your evening is super chill and I will chat to you next time 😊💜

Good morning dear @Bow 

Hoping today goes ok for you hon.

I hope D is behaving herself on school holidays!

Bow
Senior Contributor

Good morning my @Snowie 

@I’m tired, sluggish and a bit clumsy today. I think it’s this slow release med that the other pdoc changed me into. I see my regular one next week, will be talking about going back to the other one. 

D has gone for a walk with my mum and doggo. I’m currently trying to keep myself on the treadmill! I have a 1pm appointment with my CM at the centre. Then a 2pm home visit with my SW. Will leave a little earlier cause I need to grab a couple of things from the shops. 
Not sure if you see the world map travel memory box that I made @Snowie ? It’s got a cut along the top and you put all your tickets and keepsakes and stuff in it.,, instead of shoved in a box under the bed or something. I had a friends hubby do the cut for me…. But I gave it a try yesterday and it looked pretty ok! So that’s good!

do you have plans for today? For the weekend?

Bow
Senior Contributor

@Jynx @Know you’re not around today…. Maybe tomorrow is your Saturday?  But I’m replying nonetheless….

yeah, knocked out, not good for de brain, but hmmmm sleeep. Some times when I go into my pdoc or when sitting waiting and my SW asks me what I want out of this appointment, my first thought it often always ‘just want something to knock me out of a night’. But I don’t say it. 

I actually like minimalistic… to a point. Few key pieces. I think I like it more in a shared living space. Bedrooms…. I can be a little more forgiving. And well..,, my bedroom! I should send you a photo some time. I have 2 cupboards full to the brim with Lego, puzzles, art supplies and garden stuff. On top is my Lego and book collection- that will need rearranging once I’ve finished this castle. I have 2 narrow shelves on the wall, full of certain Disney memorabilia, pop vinyls and small Lego plants. 
I got heaps of plants…. And currently more than usual as I’m trying to save some from dying off over winter.  Every curtain rod has a plant hanging off it. 
I got a vinyl record player for my birthday. Need to find a way to store/ display my records now. Are you into vinyls @Jynx ???

so my room is far far from Minimalistic, but I wish I could do it more. But stuff. Too much stuff!!

Side effects from meds can be hard to deal with @Bow Hopefully with your regular pdoc you can get it sorted out so you can feel better during the day.

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you with your appointments. I hope that they go well for you.

That travel memory box sounds like a great idea. Would have to do a lot more travelling to fill it up!!

Not much on today. Just having a cuppa and watching some boring tv. Might put on netflixs soon just so I have something on in the background.  

Bow
Senior Contributor

I sure hope so @Snowie  thanks.  It’s this constant foggyness and tripping on things. 

I love my travel memory box. I have have so many things on display. I had so much in various boxes and stuff shoved away hiding. Now I can see them all, all the left over money I had kept from different currencies. Entry tickets, boarding passes and old passports. D has one too…. Not as much in hers though. And I have one to my best friend- they have just left for South Africa, UK, France and The Netherlands yesterday. Away for 5 weeks. 
I have a friend on FB who wants to order 3 of them. And I’ll grab a few more other frames too. I’m clearing Kmart and target off their frames!!!

maybe a stroll round the block with your puppy @Snowie ?mum and D just got back from a walk. And I’m on to the very last episode of this series I’ve been watching for weeks on Disney+

Wow @Bow sounds like you have been on some amazing journeys. I would have a few things to fill it but not many.

I'm so glad other people are wanting them, but I'm not surprised. Your work speaks for itself.

It's my motivation that is lacking at this stage. A walk seems like such a big deal even though I know it is not.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh yeah I understand the motivation @Snowie  I’m trying n this weird place…. Mostly have heaps of motivation. Gotta be doing doing doing…. But the treadmill is a real effort though. 

yeah I have been fortunate enough to travel a fair bit over the years. India, Malaysia, Philippines, NZ, USA, Canada, Thailand, Singapore, UK, France. US again. Only state I haven’t visits in Aus is WA. I’m thankful… and blessed to of been able to do all that travel. And yep, I wanna add more! 

Thats a lot of places you have travelled to @Bow 

I really hope that you are able to make it to many more places. 

I find motivation really hard at times. I know I need to get out, yet my brain tells me otherwise.

Bow
Senior Contributor

I did this piece yesterday and I already have 2 orders for them. The top 3 flowers are mine and my brothers names and then the bottom flowers represent my mum grandkids. The orders I have had 4 grandkids. Will be nice to see what everyone calls their grandmas etc. these 2 orders are granma and nanna. 

6E71C7E7-0554-4881-98B9-43D760E1F7C3.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance