Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

@Owlunar2 . . .  Mate . .     Rats ,   possums ,   blowflies,   cockroaches,   mice,  . . .    cat..

sounds like you've been running a zoo..!

Oh well.    Everything has a funny side.   Probly not from where your sitting.    But you came through and won the day and thats all that matters.   

Your made of stern stuff.   

Me,   think I  would have taken to the drink and burned the place down.     Critters hey.   Just when we 

put our feet up and tune in to a good book,     something else . . . .  starts scratching.

Your a gem  @Owlunar2   Kindest thoughts to you..                                                            tonys

@tonys 

Hi Tony on Moon Base 1

Yes - every thing has its funny side  - I have a few stories to tell now  - perhaps possums aren't too bright either  - it had the chance to get out of the roof void when the one it had been fighting did - before the pest guy took the trap door out and meshed the hole - oh yes!!

The rats were brighter  - they departed from under tiles when they smelled death  - wise  choice

Atm all the wildlife has gone  - that I know of - the cat some years ago - and she used to bring live mice in when she was young.

Life does have a funny side  - it's my personal soap opera 

All the best 

Owlunar 

If they had found that missing National Geographic photographer in your roof,  I wouldn't have raised a brow.  Lets hope your ecosystem has settled into harmonic balance and you can enjoy your home.

@Owlunar2 ..  the   Queen of night predators,  and that invasion of rodents.   Is it just me that see's 

the irony.                 Look forward to your next adventure   Owlunar.      Warm smile to you..      tonys  

@tonys 

Night predators and my next adventure Tony  - wow - I hope my next trip to Hobart is better than my last one - then it rained so hard I had to stay in most of the time - BUT  - the view of a thunderstorm from the  16th floor of the Wrest Point Tower was brilliant  - a fabulous memory

There something great in every challenge  - I never forget that

Owlunar 

Oh yes   @Owlunar2 .   Thunderstorms are one of natures top treats.    Reminds me just how small I am.

Isn't Tassie  just wonderful.   The beaut markets in Hobart.   The Huon.   Picked apples and grapes in Tassie.    Bet your exited.    Can I come. .    OK ,  I can feel the look.     Well I'm envious.   After all you have been through,    you really deserve it.   Never did find out how your teeth saga concluded.   I miss the odd post  or 10. . .   

Are you at the Wrest point again.   Perhaps somewhere new.    If I say watch out for bed bugs,

You'll swat me,      so I won't.                Have a most wonderful time,   Are you taking the ferry or flying.                                                               

Well.              Have a peaceful evening and sleep.   Sending you a special dream.  Wrapping it as we speak.              Good night   Owlunar.. 

I got it and I get it @TAB 

A long time ago we had a cat who was a good rat and mouse catcher  - she had a half-persian fluffy coat but there wasn't a big cat there really  - she wasn't much bigger than the rats she demolished 

And she left them outside the back door like presents 

Yeah - hehehe 

Owlunar 

Hi @Zoe7 @Appleblossom 

@Shaz51 @EternalFlower @Oaktree @Meowmy 

I am so disappointed with my daughter  - I didn't expect her to be easy to get on with when I do her that I felt invalidated  - I did hope for better than this silence though 

Okay  - she seems to think I am grumpy and say strange things and should be in an old age home. I enjoy my life  - it's always interesting - I'm not ready to be deprived of my choices yet 

She's entitled to feel as she does and if she truly believes what she said it's better I just get on with my life 

She lost her passion when she had to stop work  - I still have mine as I research every interest I have on the internet 

It's sad - she has always been inclined to withdraw and perhaps sulk - the greatest gift I can give her is to let her br herself 

It's sad though  - someone at Lifeline gave me a couple of places I can ring on relationships and I will follow these up 

We all have humps to get over

Owlunar 

So sorry about your daughter Mumma Bear @Owlunar2 

Hopefully the resources on relationships help you with dealing with her.

Sending love,

Meggle

Thanks @Oaktree 

Perhaps we need mediation  - alas - I can't see her thinking this could help

We do share a past of course  - her brother's death and her father and I are divorced  - we both have chronic pain too - alas - that's a lot and I have had counselling for all of this  - to my knowledge she hasn't 

We need to acknowledge our issues to deal with them - I take any I can get 

I am having my moments - I will be okay thought 

Thanks 

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

HI @Owlunar2 @Oaktree 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance