Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Yes @TAB  - for some strange technical reason I have a bunch of names - Decadian - Dec - Owlunar and now Owlunar2. 

Wow!!

Actually  - irl I have changed my name legally 3 times  - maybe it's my unique thing  - the name I answer to now I have had for over 30 years - I like the one I have now  - it suits my identity as does Owlunar 

Such is life

Owlunar

hmm oh well , so long as you dont get confused. friend decided to change from middle to christian name like 20 years ago, answering machine msg says this is AB. or B or whatever my name is.. @Owlunar2  lol

I love your attitude @Owlunar2 - we can only do what we can do and have to stay true to ourselves ...and if that is a problem for some then that is their problem. Keeping some of the negativity out of our lives for our own wellbeing is important - and essential. Keep being you 💕

Sending you lots of tender hugs my mumma bear @Owlunar2 ❤️❤️❤️

Hello @Snowie , @Zoe7 , @TAB , @tonys , @Appleblossom 

@Shaz51 💚

Hello my sister @Zoe7 🥰

Thanks   @Shaz51   ..  Big   BIG     bear hug,  and best wishes to you Shaz.  Saw somewhere on here,  your day to day  struggles.  Mate   Taking a moment here and really thinking about you..    tonys.

@Owlunar2 Guessing something technical happened re your notifications, even though they are still seem valid on the forum... it is what it is ... I went with the flow without comment... so used to change and the need to deal with it, rather than question.  Funny how we learn to reframe the past as a story.  So many intense experiences recede and become a short hand of words and images.   

Hearing you about your daughter. It is hard, and sadly not uncommon these days.  My heart is sore for my girl, but I have decided not to mourn the living too much and get on with it, cos an example needs to be made of living.... my son went out yesterday into town with some mates.  That felt good for me.

Last night I managed to tell of a trauma event neatly and deftly and not damage the celebratory mood of the gathering.  It happened 8 years ago and left me extremely damaged, but the damage had also always been there and I had to take stock.  I feel privileged to be part of this little group and we made music and are getting to know each other ... it is lovely and inspiring.  Finding ways to be real, without ... high dudgeon... lol

In the afternoon, I met with a singing group for a reunion.  It was interesting 2 people had met my son, and one knew of my grandson.  Guess in this very fragmented world I am part of a community.  We were meeting in an old stamping ground in a historic building ... my father had once walked the worn steps. I felt grounded. I had done my HUGE amount of walking and working and worked a couple of blocks down in the same street, when I was 16, so resonances and layers of the past and the present.  Learned new music tho, stimulating and strong.

@tonys I love seeing you do the rounds, and dispensing your wisdom and colourful character.  We are lucky to have you old chap!

@TAB @Zoe7 @Shaz51 I have known the 3 of you for so long.  It is being on here that helped me hang on.  There was a lot of social vacuum in my life. Am grateful for the crumbs and moments, but on the other hand in many ways I have lived a very full and rich life.

Muchos Gracias 

Ta @Appleblossom  swings and roundabouts hey .. lol 

@tonys  not sure heard you mention books.

Have you heard of then .. PG Wodehouse? Steele Rudd ?, famous story tellers ? I got lost in Robbery under Arms and Ghost on a Rail (short story) could see moonlight bush

..was it my mates laying in wait for me to turn me in , or the troopers, or just ..ghosts ..

@TAB  lol  swings and roundabouts ... is a @Faith-and-Hope gem ... anyways I heard it first from her.  Sending hugs to Lovely ... in your arty endeavours

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance