Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Nitch
New Contributor

HelloHi,

Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember.  ATM I am going through a bad patch. I have organised a change of GP as the one I have is not helping me, he is happy just to write out a script every 6 months for anti depressants and send me on my way. I asked him for a health care plan, but he doesn’t do them.  I take responsibility for letting it go for so long, I should have done something about it before now😞 The push that has given me the mental strength to change my doctor is I have just come out of hospital after an emergency stay in the cardio unit.  Because of my anxiety I did not handle the situation well at all, and don’t ever want to be treated the way I was again. I am hoping by joining SANE forums that I will be able to talk through problems I have. I realise I have to get professional help as well, but just being able to share stories with others is good as well😀

4 REPLIES 4
Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: HelloHi,

Hi @Nitch - congratulations on making the change from having a doctor who only writes out scripts to finding a doctor who cares enough to do a health care plan. I've got a lead on a good women's health doctor from asking in my social circles about how happy they are with their medical teams. Looking forward to getting to know you better. 🙂

Hi Gwynn, Thank you, am looking forward to being a part of the forums, god only knows I need it😞

Hello @Nitch 

I am surprised that a gp doctor can actually refuse to do the mental health care plans.  They take a little longer, but the doctor is also reimbursed for extra time.  You definitely have the right in Australia to ask and expect one.  I find it hard to move on from someone not giving good service, as I always put it on myself to try a little harder.  You can change clinic or just change doctor. Good Luck with it.

I am sorry you had bad treatment in the ED.  That would not make things better at all.

Hope the forums work for you.

Apple

Dani1981
Senior Contributor

Hello @Nitch 

How did you go with finding a new Doctor? 

It can be tough finding a good GP that you gel with. It's a shame that your old one did not give you a care plan, but hopefully your new one will be able to help you more.

Hope your Friday is going well 🙂

Dani

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance