Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// End Of Year, YOUR Way // Tuesday 19th December 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

I once went to bed at 1pm on Christmas day and it worked for me!

Re: Topic Tuesday// End Of Year, YOUR Way // Tuesday 19th December 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

As we start to wrap up tonight’s discussion, I would like to thank everyone who joined us for this discussion this evening, and those who have been reading along for your contributions, being here and sharing this space with us @Healandlove @Snowie @Glisten @batty30 @Patches59 @Stara 😊 Thank you @BigSkyCat  for sharing your experiences, knowledge and tips with us, and some great resources too! Another big thank you to @amber22 for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us tonight as well. I’ll also leave everyone with a few other resources you might want to look at 😊  

Surviving the Holidays (How To Create Peace and Let The Stress GO!) (youtube.com)  
Surviving the Holidays (youtube.com) (on family drama) 

Struggling with Loneliness and Grief - How To Survive The Holidays - YouTube 

Surviving the Holidays - Trauma Triggers (youtube.com) 

Tips for an Autism Friendly Christmas

Thank you for joining everyone 🙂 Have a lovely night!

Feel free to come back to this discussion and read through it whenever you need.

@BigSkyCat @TideisTurning 

Boxing Day for me is one of 2 possibles.  If a struggle day it’s a couch and doona day with box of tissues and plenty of water/sports drinks.

other possible is it’s same as any day …. Housework, laundry etc in the morning and taking the afternoon for self care, which could be sleeping to watching funny kids video to sone type of craft. 

At least one day between Christmas and New Year I go for a drive to somewhere I can sit and watch water.  I can’t swim and am actually terrified of standing in water ie at the beach or a creek but watching the tides and water breaking over rocks is very calming for me

Most of my xmas day will be making sure my dog is inside and keeping cool. It's just so hot lately. I imagine I will be eating lots of ice cream which is okay too

wishing you all kindness towards yourselves especially at this time of year
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance