Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Burn Out // Tues. 23 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

More than happy @Adge,

My wife and also have some couple care goals for the year 

Joint self care:

1. We have just started relationship counselling and need to follow through with this.
  2. Regular date outings without children, at least once a week.
  3. Regular family outings in our boat or just to the beach or park or somewhere the children would like to go.

Have  these and self care goals  listed on another thread that I can tag you in

This matrix would be good to increase our awareness of impact of our tasks @NikNik.  It is very hard to keep that healthy balance whereby it is positive for another and positive for self.  Worth giving a go - not only for caring related tasks, but for all tasks that arise in the course of our daily life.

I have been so NO to anymore jobs and cutting back on our self employment to cut back on my husband`s stress @NikNik, Like it to get less

I agree @NikNik, this matrix could be a good tool, just need to be disciplined to use it would be my challenge. 

Have  these and self care goals  listed on another thread that I can tag you in , that is great encouragement @Determined for us all here tonight Smiley Very Happy

Ooooo no @Shaz51 I have not seen a puzzle without a border ill need to google this!

@Determined that must of been a very difficult decision to make but as you know that right one for you. We are only human and can't always do everything, we need to out ourselves first, and if that's the decision you need to do that's what you do 🙂

@NikNik I do not understand where something that is neutral for loved one but enjoyable for us or vice-versa fits in. Take movies - Mr D enjoys them far more than me - if he goes with a mate it is not self care for me but does not negatively affect me.

Well everyone - that's the end of the official part of the night.

I hope that by just being able to connect with others, it's lightened the load a little.

There seems to be a lot of chat about self care goals - it might be worth starting a thread about these so you can keep each other accountable 🙂@Shaz51 remember when we did the 'commit to self care this week' test Smiley Very Happy )

ThankyouNT.jpg

Finally - a big thank you all for sharing the difficulties you're going through. I hope this is just the start of an ongoing discussion for you to help manage your burn out.

I will leave this thread open for now - so feel free to keep chatting 🙂

Take care!

there is also a thread called "Carer`s Hints and Tips to success "

to have a look at
@NikNik 

Thank you @NikNik and everyone,

Have to run now as children seeking attention 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance