Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

Day out taking photos,  photography @nashy , @Bron 

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

@Shaz51 You sound incredibly close. What does your husband enjoy doing? And yourself? What's a favourite activity to do together etc? My partner and I have the most fun playing monopoly deal together.. We take the game on outings with us now Smiley Very Happy

New experiences @luckymeaunty very important. It's super easy to get stuck in the regular routine of comfort and safety. Memory building is a good reminder - thank you for this.

@Dama As a lover of rap music I am so glad to hear this! How cool that you may not have come across this otherwise Heart

this is very encouraging, the reminder that even if an event or time together doesn't happen, love is conveyed.

@Centro I am sorry to hear of the stress that you're coming across so regularly as a carer. Our forum is right here to listen as you need. I recommend you sharing your story here (click new discussion) at any time you feel up to it, also our help centre are confidential and have loads of knowledge. As do the wonderful Arafmi 🙂 Heart Sitting with you.

@nashy 

Watching shows that we have taped

Watching movies 

Gardening , we work together  in our self employed small business 

Cooking together,  

Wow everyone time has flown! We are up to the last question of the evening 🙂 @Dama @Shaz51 @luckymeaunty @Centro @FindingStrength and especially our wonderful @Bron from ARAFMI...

What resources do you know of that may help us maintain boundaries as carers? 📚
Resources that you can turn to when you feel you’re struggling to maintain your personal boundaries as a carer?

Thank you, ill hop to it

I sometimes write it out. To try to go deeper into what I am feeling. The feelings behind what I am feeling.
Also book into an online Carer Support Group

Give yourself some quiet time to listen to your wise-mind / intuition for some clarity.

Arafmi has a 24-hr carer helpline 1300 554 660 or 3254 1881
• check out support options for you via www.arafmi.com.au

Psychologists/Counsellors can coach you through establishing and maintaining specific boundaries when you are clear about what you want to achieve.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance