Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tough Times

@nashymy son bought that book, and I was glad cos it meant he was on a good path.

Heart

@SnowieHey

@Lee82  I did home schooling in pre covid times ... years ago.

Its tough and its great.

Smiley Happy

I have tried so many different things some do nothing others help but only in the moment. I haven't found anything that can completely reduce or get rid of my anxiety through the  night. 
I am so sorry you struggle at night too and that you are not doing well tonight. Do you have any things that help you? @Snowie 

Wow so you would be an expert at homeschooling....😁

it's definitely a challenge. I have new renowned respect for teachers. I don't know how they do it with 20+ kids in a class. How is your night @Appleblossom

I don't think anything gets rid of the anxiety but I have found things that help @Lee82 

I listen to a lady called Sarah Edelman on you tube. I have put a link here for you. I find listening to her useful. She has lots of different clips on youtube.

I find I use mindfulness a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDn0dlppO8c&list=OLAK5uy_mR2Uxg0hBUk7lBrQblxeGa8j9mWP_-uiE&index=1

Thanks for the suggestion @Snowie  i will definitely check it out tonight. 

@Lee82 

Different techniques have helped me with panic attacks and anxiety, but at times when too many things are going on at once, it can be really hard managing it.

With home schooling there is less time to slip into a quiet space to regulate breathing ...without kids watching.

I had yummy cheesey cauli broccoli soup for dinner and apple pie for dessert.

It's taking all the strength I have left to make it through each night and I'm almost all out. 
that sounds like a yummy dinner @Appleblossom we had burritos for dinner tonight. 

Love the look of the muffins @Lee82 It is great that you are finding things to distract you from your thoughts but know also that they sometimes take over and the anxiety increases. Look afterr yourself Hon Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 how is your night going? 

Hey @Lee82 Going okay - still painting but should get most of it finished tonight then I can clean up and move furniture back tomorrow. Some areas will need 2 coats but where most of the furnitutre goes 1 will do as you won't see it anyway. How is you night going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance