Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I'm glad you got the news you were waiting for, @Snowie .

I'm sorry your birthday coincides with a traumatic childhood anniversary 😭

You must be feeling so stretched thin, with all the hanging on. 😥

Morning @Snowie, how are you feeling after this call?

Sounds like there's still a few things to be worked out, but that it's another step forwards

@Ru-bee I feel ok. At least it is better than yesterday. At least there is progress. That has to be better than nothing. A step forward is better than going backwards.

I still feel anxious, but that is more to do with sitting down with the kids and telling them what is happening. Having them react and answering their questions. 

@NatureLover I'm sorry things are chaotic. Around if you need to chat.

Yeah of course, that would be a difficult conversation to have @Snowie 

When it's time to have that talk we'll be here to support you before and/afterwards if you need it ❤️

Thanks @Ru-bee 

My kids are 16 and 19 so I can't 'water down' why I'm going in.

They have gone through me going into hospital before so I am hoping that they are ok this time.

If they ask any questions I am going to try and be as truthful as possible.

That sounds like a good approach @Snowie, being there to answers any questions should hopefully help in their processing the situation. I hope the conversation goes as well as it can, and they're able to understand

@Snowie having a variety is good for the immune system.

My faith is very important to me. I think having meaning in your life is good for your mental health.

I don’t do body mindfulness exercises in case I’m triggers them, not everything works for everyone. I find imagining myself to be in a safe place more helpful, and stretches too. The body flashbacks don’t happen as much as they used to, but I do get those rough moments.

I hope you are doing okay this afternoon. Happy to hear about the progress with the admission. I hope talking to your kids goes smoothly, I’m hearing it’s very hard. It’s a natural mother instinct to want to protect your kids. I do think it’s important to model help-seeking behaviours to kids

I think having that faith and a meaning for life is great @creative_writer, especially if it helps you with your mental health.

I have been trying yoga lately specifically designed for C-PTSD. I'm not sure if it is helping, but it is not making things worse so worth a try.

Hopefully I hear from them in the next few days.

How has your day been?

@Snowie honestly I think we all need meaning in life. What that meaning looks like is different for everyone.

I know my placement supervisor swears off yoga for processing emotions. I think it does help many people. I’ve tried mainstream yoga and didn’t feel like it was for me. I preferred Pilates. Haven’t tried cptsd yoga, so can’t comment.

I do hope you hear from the hospital soon💖

My day has been okay. Did some studying, took a shower and had SANE counsellor appointment. I need to sort my bag out for tomorrow, I’m not sure where my lavender sanitiser went. It’s sanitiser and aromatherapy in a bottle. You know how I’m with germs. There are probably fair amount of germs on PT

I was brought up in a very non religious background. So was my husband. I do think we do need meaning in life. For me, I think it is my kids. They give me a reason to live.

I think we need to find what works for us. What works for one, doesn't mean it will work for another.

I hope connecting with the Sane counsellor helpful. Hoping too you find your sanitiser.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance