Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Do I be supportive or tell the truth

My mother said she would never marry again as her split from our step father ended so badly and so did her marriage before that. 

Now she rings me today and said that she is engaged and getting married in October. 

I feel hurt because she didn't even let us know that she was thinking about it again. And she told me and my siblings that it doesn't matter if we cant make it but we have to send her a present 

Every marriage has left us picking up the pieces and I know that it's different this time because he is disabled from 2 major strokes and relies on 24/7 support but it doesn't mean it can't end in disaster. 

I want to be supportive but I don't think she is thinking about the impact this can have

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Do I be supportive or tell the truth

Hey @Former-Member, this sounds like a tough situation and really needs some consideration of the happiness of everyone involved. You have every reason to be upset that your mum didn't talk to you about it prior to the announcement. Was this something that's come out of the blue? What do your siblings think of the situation?

Hi @Ali11 , 

Yes it was completely out of the blue none of us had any idea that this was happening and I know that most of them are pretty upset but more because they like me can't make it in October rather than how will it impact us

That's interesting @Former-Member, do you think this is something that you can discuss with your siblings to then approach your mum out of care for her?

hugs @Former-Member , did you meet him when you were last there ?? Heart

ohhh hugs my @Former-Member 

sad you mum won`t listen xoxo

it would be good to talk to your mum`s friends to see if they can help xx

That's a great idea @Shaz51, talking with your mum's friends may be a good idea too @Former-Member.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance