Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bcfc64
New Contributor

Brother hospitalised in Thailand returned home now has psychosis

Hello. My 50 year old brother had flu in Thailand and was treated in a hospital for a few days. His behaviour in the weeks after his return became more erratic to the point he is now in an Aussie hospital with symptoms of psychosis and finds it hard to distinguish between fantasy or reality. He has no history of drug use. Has anyone heard of stories like this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Brother hospitalised in Thailand returned home now has psychosis

@Bcfc64  I am not a doctor but have they checked for brian infections/parasites cause i have heard of some cases when people traveled overseas and picked something up that is hard to test for and has caused a range of different issues. other than that the only thing i know of that can cause mental health issues after being physically sick is that PANDAS thing but i am not sure if that is just in children. either way doctors are best to help with this.  

Re: Brother hospitalised in Thailand returned home now has psychosis

Thanks. Done some spinal test and has come back negative. Getting more. tests this week so hopefully they can come up with some answers. Not sure if it is a viral thing or something else. Leaving it to our health care professionals. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance