Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @PizzaMondo , @SmilingGecko , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom 

Home again ❤️❤️

@Shaz51 @PizzaMondo @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @Appleblossom @tonys @TAB @Meowmy 

So hubby took the scary step of resigning from his job today. He is retiring and is going to manage on his super for the next 3 and a bit years until he qualifies for the aged pension. We sent the forms off to the superannuation company today so hopefully it won’t be too long before we start getting payments from his super. We have opted for a fortnightly pension option. 

ok we talked about tv shows like a week ago or something @PizzaMondo  fair enough.

if you want to go back even further was school holiday cartoons early 1970s  like clutch cargo (lips moving behind cutouts and worst scripts ever) or Lone Ranger where every ep was the same. he would sneak up on farmhouse full of baddies and go get Tonto and shoot it out with them lol.

um @Oaktree  unless you are mega -rich could go on DSP/dole and get 1 lump sum a year on super, does not count as income cos one . Ive been doing it last w years. 

its called TTR transition to retirement. you pick an amount , so long as $6k left in super acct., transfer to 'pension' fund and are allowed to withdraw 10% of it (before jun 30) and 10% again after june 30 and so on. then I was just closing the account , puttting money back in super and repeating it if needed to. it reset completely . so you could get 3-4 lots of up to 10% of your super this calendar year ..

..and while on the dole..

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Shaz51  🙂 💜

Hope you get to take it easy a bit this evening xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

wow - thats a big change @Oaktree 🙂

I hope it goes well for you, and you guys can enjoy this time 🙂 xx

@TAB had an interesting post with TTR info.. TAB, I wondered if you had a link to that, which you'd feel comfortable in sharing, please? No worries if not 🙂 

Way to go for your hubby @Oaktree ❤️

My husband wants to do that too soo we have cut way back on jobs which is good 

Doing a roast chicken and vegetables tonight @Former-Member ❤️

Feeling sad 😔 

just google it /go through your super fund @Former-Member  they try to make it sound impossible to do without paying someone .All BS, they just dodnt want people to know how to do it. I started on fortnightly payments so then its income and cnetrelink wanted to dock me. 6 months of my research and knowledge free. 

@Oaktree  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Awesome - thanks heaps @TAB  really appreciate it! 🙌😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dinner sounds very lovely @Shaz51 🙂🌺

Im so sorry dear Shaz 💜 *big hugs*

I wish there was something I could say to ease the sadness.. 💝

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance