Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good morning everybody @DJMasters @Owlunar @Snowie @outlander 

@Hamsolo01 @TAB @Ant7 @Emelia8 @greenpea @WIP @BPDSurvivor @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @NatureLover @Sam3 @eth @Maggie @frog 

I hope you all have a fab day!

Im off to the mechanic to get my car sunroof leak fixed - blocked drainage tubes apparently.  It's going to rain toward the end of the week, so need to get it done ASAP, to avoid wet interior.

Hopefully not too expensive and won't take too long, as I'm not supposed to be out of the house too long under restrictions. I'm pretty sure this mechanic job, falls under as 'essential'.... Wish me luck 😊

@WIP  Hey WIP have a wonderful day.  Stay warm and out of the wind. Love pea xxHeart

@WIP good luck with it.  As far as I can see, it is an essential thing you need to attend to.  Hope it all goes smoothly 🙂

Huge Happy Birthday for yesterday @Judi9877 😄 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 I hope the relaxation and Maccas session was lovely!

@Ant7 yeah going well for a Monday, cold but good.  How are things with you?

@greenpea thanks hope you have a pea chy day 🙂  

@DJMasters  I am pretty much the same here. Probably going to head to the gym in a bit when I take my daughter to Uni 😊

Thanks for that feedback @WIP . Psychologist I may see mentioned schema therapy as an antidote but seems similar to CBT which I haven't found that helpful as it perpetuates the ruminations. 
Have a great day everyone if possible!

@Ant7 @nashy @DJMasters @greenpea @MDT 

Good morning to ye all.

That's so interesting that you mention schema therapy @Sam3 

An old school friend of my sister is a clinical psychologist and offered to help me find an appropriate psychologist.  She said she'd put her money on scheme therapy helping the most for me and described it as: 
 A cbt approach that works on a deeper level aimed at understanding how maladaptive beliefs have developed and shape your view of yourself, the world, and other people, and influence your patterns of thinking, behaviours, and feelings. Then through various ways help you to get some shift in those maladaptive beliefs which underly everything.

We both decided against ACT.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance