Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The Fear of Dying Alone

still no one has responded and no responded to my complaint either why not

Hi @TheRenegade345 ,

I'm tyme, and I'm a peer support worker on tonight. 

Can you tell me a bit more about what's happening for you this evening?

tyme

@TheRenegade345 

I just saw @tyme post on your thread in the section for latest posts.  When I checked back a couple pages, I noticed a post 22/12 /2019 where you had tagged me. I usually always respond to posts. I dont know why I did not respond. I am VERY SORRY.  

It is great that you have the resilience to hang in there so long regardless of getting a response or not.  Takes determination to try again.

One way people get noticed more is to include more tags in their posts. 

Another is to post on more social threads.  Getting in the way of tagging people on the drop down box can lead to more tags from other people.  Sometimes it can be deep and meaningful and sometimes casual.

@tyme @Appleblossom 

That no one will ever love me because of my autism. I will never have a relationship because of it. I feel like all women despise me

That would be a horrible feeling @TheRenegade345 

There are many types of women in the world.  Not all would be like that. 

Sometimes our fear of rejection can magnify our sense of how others might see us.

Sometimes it is about meeting the right people.

Have you joined any community which focusses on autism?

I have noticed an autistic dating site in Australia.  Not sure if that is the way you want to go, just yet.

I can tag you in some other threads so you can meet more people here at Sane forum.

Take Care

Apple

I feel like I have tried my best not to project that @Appleblossom @It’s been six years now and I’m still feeling like I’m at the start. 

i worry about that autistic dating site because I might be too “high functioning” to get anything out of it. No one really has ever understood my story

@TheRenegade345 

Getting people to understand and care seems tricky and I am looking at videos to help me learn ....its never ending tho ....

It is difficult when we have extra challenges, which may be covered up by functioning well.  I identify as a bit aspie ...

Do you want to share something about your areas of interest?

I am tired so will check in again tomorrow.

Hey @TheRenegade345 ,

I know people who celebrate what comes with neurodiversity. They look past the label to see the real person and their strengths. 

Don't forget, the neurotypical also have their weaknesses. 

The important thing is that a person who you want to share the rest of your life with, is one who can accept you for who you are.

You may say that this is easier said than done, which it probably is, but I am also a firm believer that good things don't often come without a fight 😊

All the best!

Looking to hear from you,

tyme

Sorry for the late reply. I feel so alone and I feel like going to hospital but I can’t afford it. It’s so unfair and it makes me feel stuck and hopeless and wanting to die

Hey @TheRenegade345 

I'm one of the mods, just stopping in to let you know that you are heard. Sounds like you really are doing it tough at the moment but feel like you don't have many options. And let's be real, myself and many of my autistic mates have had enough experiences navigating the neurotypically run medical system to know it can be such a gamble as to whether you'll be treated with dignity or not. If hospital will keep you alive though, I think it's worth it! 

Here with you 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance