Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

hi @Former-Member , still learning here xx

just mr shaz was on a high yesterday doing so much , today he wanted to still do lots but he was unprepared , forgotten this and forgotten that 

he decided to take the trailer around and pick up our customers branches on the way to the dump

we stopped at mum`s and a few comments he said were a bit ammmm but my mum laughed them off

Do you think hypomania @Shaz51 ?  Those with BPii tend to spend more time in the lows and I think we can feel a little uncomfortable when "the hype" (as I call it) kicks in.

Embarrassing when off comments are made 😬 and  we are the party poopers who are no fun at all ... 

The danger that once the hype wears off that a low will follow and I know we both know the dangers that can present if it gets to the major stage. This is one reason I am grateful Mr Darcy does his mood charting.

I am going to have to watch Mr Darcy, with our possible move he is getting a little animated too, pdoc suggested drug taper be put on hold until we are settled in new place. 

yes totally @Former-Member , having a read and yes

so what to expect next xxx

That's the trouble @Shaz51 , unpredictable.  Usually I would report hype to treating team, he not long had a tweakage as his taper med went down he needed an up adjustment on the other ... would Mr Shaz be amenable to seeing pdoc again?

Did he show any interest in filling out even the mood / anxiety rating on a mood chart?

mr shaz changes his mind @Former-Member , one day he will say to ring but then we would have to start all over again , and then he cancells the appt and then he goes it alone and then he goes around again

I try to be matter of fact about things @Shaz51 and say as Mr D is on psychotropic drugs he needs to be under the supervision of a pdoc - an expectation, rather than something that is negotiable.

Mr Darcy decided he did not need the new psychologist @Shaz51 , he does go to the GROW group which has been really helpful, will see what happens. Sadly she went down the mindfulness path and Mr Darcy thought he had been there, done that and it was not for him so he wasn't going to waste his time.

yes mr shaz`z last psychologist gave him an internet site to look and to complete the course @Former-Member , but mr shaz does not read anything or answer questions

so I read them to him and wrote down his answer to Smiley Sadquestion 1 and that was it

The twins @Shaz51!!!

Sadly there is no magic pill, which I think Mr D would like (wouldn't we all?).  I must say though, Mr D presses on and pushes himself to do things and he is so much better than before. 

The twins @Shaz51!!! ---- ha ha you made me smile @Former-Member , very true

I must say though, Mr D presses on and pushes himself to do things and he is so much better than before.---- ohhh I totally agree Mr shaz is way better then before Smiley Very Happy

I would be reallly worried if he went backwards xx

I think after what we've been through that we are a little on edge that any change in mood could be the start of another dark period @Shaz51 .

Distinguishing happy/sad and normal variations in enthusiasm or lack of it in relation to work vs an underlying mood shift can be tricky at times. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance