Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mmtcg
Casual Contributor

My daughter with BPD and Bipolar

Hi I'm new here and just wondering if anyone has gone through similar experience or can offer a bit of advice.

My eldest daughter (34) has just recently been diagnosed with BPD we knew about the bipolar and always new there was something more. It's been a hard trek but we are getting there. We live in regional Australia and up til now very little help. 

My girl has taken the step to help herself which we are very proud of and has entered a clinic to help her deal with her disability because she has two beautiful children whic have been affected by her behaviours. Which could result in a custody battle for the children because of past actions. We don't want her to lose her children but at same time need these kids to be in a safe environment.

Has anyone out there been a mum with the same issues of BPD and Bipolar and faced the same legal battles her ex partner is not aware of the recent diagnosis but was fully aware of the bipolar disorder. Both parents love their children dearly, but having the disability has caused us all concern at times for children however my daughter is doing everything in her power to succeed in overcoming and trying to get the correct help for herself and her children.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My daughter with BPD and Bipolar

I don't know anyone in your daughter's situation. My heart goes out to her. She is brave & strong lady to seek help for the sake of her children. 💕

Yes she is thanks for the encouragement

Hi @Mmtcg

Welcome to the Forums. 

It's wonderful that your daughter has taken herself for treatment - that's 3/4 of the battle!

There are many members here who have a loved one with BPD and/or Bipolar. There are some interesting discussions that you might want to check out.

One of the best resrouces I've seen is this thread by @Brodie , which is aimed at carers.

Some other discusisons you might find helpful are:

A mother of a son with BPD

I have a daughter with BPD

Borderline Personality Disorder

Feeling lost

Topic Tuesday: Caring for someone with bipolar

I hope these are good starting points.

Welcome again,

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance