Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

in my 20s was staying a place with no windowscreen, hear noise in middle of night then motion banging, running, i jumped up onto bed in dark to get light switch, though cat had rat, was blood y pigeon still half alive lol @Owlunar2 

Geez @TAB 

Eek - that would freak me out  - really  - and I'm pretty unfreakable

I'm glad I didn't see that and wish you hadn't 

Owlunar 

it was just the not knowing  @Owlunar2  I had my money on the rat . Ive seen a lot worse. used to be avid animal shooter in early teens also had to help father slaughtering sheep etc , wwell were rabbits and birds, mostly dead, with things not in the right places 

@Owlunar2 Love that you are unfreakable.  Me too.  Its the daily grind that gets to me.

Had an interesting trip on a bus this week ... to Q&A audience on AI.  I did not ask any questions tho so not in any spotlights.  Curious what you think about it.

SO sad what is happening to a lot of Mother Daughter relationship.  It is one of the most intense.  Me too.  Reclaiming Metoo from the hashtag business .... Learning to accept it and find my own way. Sadly it is what has been necessary since I was 6.  Always loved my family, even my state ward file said that.

@Oaktree Hey Beautiful

Hi @Appleblossom 

How are you doing my lovely? Thanks for the tag and message.

Meggle

Hi @Owlunar2 @Appleblossom @Decadian @TAB @tyme @Shaz51 

Hi,

I am feeling a little lonely today. Hubby started back at work yesterday. He is there now. Tomorrow won’t be as bad because I am volunteering at the children’s hospital tomorrow, so I will be gone half the day. 

Today I made garlic croutons with home grown garlic. I am going to make Caesar salad tonight using home grown lettuce. It will be the first lettuce of this batch that I have eaten. They are looking so good and healthy. The slugs and snails haven’t found my new raised garden beds yet.

How are you guys going? @Owlunar2 how is your garden growing? I know you enjoy living things when they grow. Thinking of you. I texted my daughter today but didn’t hear anything back yet. I don’t have a great relationship with her either but it has been a bit better since she has been away from home. I hope if she comes back we can maintain an easier relationship. I love her a lot but things can just be difficult between us. I think we are just too alike. We are both very stubborn. We just butt heads for whatever reason.

Anyway wishing you all a happy day.

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree ,

Good to hear from you @Oaktree ! I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a little lonely since your hubby returned to work. At least you are volunteering at the hospital tomorrow. It sounds very interesting. What do you do there?

Your caesar salad sounds delish!!!

We have the peer group chat tonight if you want to join.

Hi @tyme 

I will be driving the shuttle from the carpark to the two different hospitals giving patients and their families a lift. 

Meggle

Take it easy @Oaktree  not too good here atm. Cant say too much.

Hi @TAB 

I hope that you will be ok.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance