Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Has anyone ever had experience using ongoing counselling websites such as Kids Helpline?

Hiya @Former-Member ..... we are a totally "mixed bag" here ..... I am a 50-something with 20-30-something kids ...... others

on the forums are late teens or early 20's.  You can go ahead and aske questions as you please, and we will give feedback like @Former-Member and I did now.  It's all just part of the getting-to-know-each-other process.

Part of the difficulty with the written word is that you sort of have to try to work out the tone of someone's writing by the cues you find in it, but that means sometimes it gets read with a different tone for the reader than the person who wrote it intended ..... does that.make sense ?  

I little bit more chat usually makes it clearer what was meant, how it came across, hi harry like our ages and life experiences ..... all part of the mix and that's okay 😊

No need to apologise ..... ask away and you will get to know us as we get to know you.

Re: Has anyone ever had experience using ongoing counselling websites such as Kids Helpline?

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope 

I'm sorry @Former-Member  i haven't really used any online chats with Health professionals before. And when I was a kid I didn't use any helplines. Not much help I'm afraid! 

Hey @Former-Member. Wish I could help you out about the kids Helplines. I don't know much about them either. I do hope you are okay.

@Former-Member I know @outlander has used Kids Helplines before so I've tagged her. But she seems to be laying low today. I've not seen her around. Give her time though and she'll likely respond

Thanks all and no problem, sorry for this silly useless, unnecessary thread. @Former-Member @Sans911 @Dani1981 

I have used Kidshelpline before as an ongoing form of support @Former-Member  it worked pretty much the same way as seeing a counsellor offline. You speak with the same counsellor of your choosing, at the end of each session you can make another time to connect with them either on the phone or through their webchat, then you just log on/ring them at that time and let them know that you have a session with (name of counsellor). you can set it up so that they ring you instead if you aren't confident in calling. I just usually connected through the webchat though and where is asks what you need help with I just wrote ' I have an appponintment with-----'.

is there something in particular your curious about?

It's not silly or useless @Former-Member and I see @outlander has responded but the tag hasn't worked.

Hi there @Former-Member   I think your thread was most appropriate and relevant. Take it easy on yourself tonight.

regards

Whitehawk

Hi @outlander @Whitehawk @Sans911 and others, thanks.

Glad to hear you had a good experience @outlander . I've only used them once so I can't get through on the web chat any other time, but it was good. I was just curious because my Psychiatrist and GP is my only professional help, my psychiatrist mostly, I'm still learning to trust the new GP since she hasn't really done anything for me so far. Thanks again x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance