Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Has anyone ever had experience using ongoing counselling websites such as Kids Helpline?

Hi everyone. Mods, if this isn't in an appropriate thread, feel free to move it.

Just wondering if anyone has ever used ongoing counselling services online such as Kids Helpline, etc? If so, what did you think?

I've only used Kids Helpline once, the lady gave me her name and she was nice, caring and helpful so I liked it. Every other time I've tried to get through I never can and they don't reply to emails plus I prefer the live chat and I don't like talking over the phone.

I've also looked at Beyond Blue web chats, etc. too. Does anyone know any other websites that offer counselling like that?

I did a Mindspot course which I didn't find helpful but others mind, since my Psychiatrist recommended I should. I found it boring, useless and unhelpful but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, please let me know as I'm interested in doing something like that since I can't get local professional help apart from my Psychiatrist and GP.

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Has anyone ever had experience using ongoing counselling websites such as Kids Helpline?

Re: Has anyone ever had experience using ongoing counselling websites such as Kids Helpline?

Hi @Former-Member  I got your notification this time. 😀

I am a 60 year old .. never used Kids Help Line .. sorry.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were 60, I feel embarrassed now. My sincere apologies, I was just tagging everyone who's been in my notifications like I usually do, I'm not sure how old most people are who I tagged.

I'm so sorry @Former-Member 

Please dont be sorry or embarrassed @Former-Member  ... how would you have known?  

True but sorry either way @Former-Member , I'm just stupid

Hey there @Former-Member really awesome to see you exploring some options in terms of helplines 🙂 Would encourage all members to be mindful of our criticism of service guideline, providing everyone is careful to give their own experience without discouraging other forum members from help seeking, this thread should be sweet! But just need to pop that reminder out there for everyone who may chime in. Cheers.

Sorry @nashy , I didn't realise. I just thought I'd ask because I was thinking of doing something like  that, feel free to delete the post, doesn't bother me

No need to be sorry! It's my job to remind the community of this stuff 🙂 No problem at all @Former-Member Heart

Fair enough, so is this thread okay? @nashy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance