Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Yea @Appleblossom 

I'm hearing you, I'll take that on-board ... my anger, which is provoked, by many different things, sends my mood on a roller coaster ride ...

I've been thinking about the struggles of life recently; you know, the many different struggles people are faced with ... and i don't think there's anyway around it ...

If I'm not struggling to get on with life and live, I'm collapsing in a heap, giving up and being overwhelmed with negative emotions... so i think, for myself; having a legit way, i can 'get on with life ' and 'get ahead ' is very important... you know, how everybody else does it ???

While still taking into account my issues and circumstances... I'm kind of thinking 'I've been alienated here ' and I've 'been written off ' which goes against my core instinct as a human being, which is to live and survive ...

Sometimes i feel like... what options do i have ??? Apart from being what they've deemed me to be??? And it just don't feel right or fair!!!

Eude 

@Angels333 

The costs of mental health care were always a struggle while I was raising children.  It really meant I only had minimum until last few years.  It was far from ideal.

Its important you are following your creative bent.  The struggle between knowing how much to budget on creative things and MH things is a juggling act, but dont neglect your creative side, as that is one of the best ways through the miasma ... of mental health struggles ...

Smiley Happy

@Owlunar 

Ha ha .. other things we both have in common.  I found yourng primary school kids really responded to guitar in Catechism classes.  I could actually sing and play for them without inhibition as they were so innocent and gorgeous. I was about 14.  Yes I would choke up with embarrassment in other singing situations ... but thank you for reminding me of that year at St Theresa's ... I had almost forgotten ... probably another reason why I have my goofy do goody side ...

HeartSmiley Happy

@eudemonism 

FOr a very long time I did not have any postive experiences and it took a lot of repeated effort to gently bring my thoughts into a more positive mindset.  The best image I have is like water eroding cliffs and rocks ... it is a definite reality but almost imperceptible while it is happening ....

How to even find things that might bring me some joy ...I was very locked into a masochist self harming .... state... to get out of it ...after I had gone through a lot of my grieving .... I would try going against the grain sometimes ... to see if I liked something ... eg dance wildly on a dance floor .... or join a gym ... I had to get over a lot of self sabotage .... the gym ... became something I stuck with for 8 years as it had beneficial effects on my back and spine ....

Do more of what you want in life .... Keep a look out ... for ideas ... that might work for you ...cos lets face it ... sometimes we block ourselves .... but keep it as a self-nurturing thought ...

The MH services dont need to give you permission ... I had to get over that stuff too ... as I had an institutionalised mentality ... and often need permission ... to do ... 

Take care all on this thread.

Hope you have a good day.  Gotta fly.

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom 

Thanks, it's really helpful to hear someone else's prospective, on what's happening and what to do about it ... i have more insight about, what to do now... Thank you ...

Eude 

Hey @Owlunar ,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the guitar and kids.  Music really is a powerful tool and to be able to share it with others would be amazing.  Your 3 chords give you 1 extra on Me.  I can kinda play one song and that's always been my goal.  

I'm glad you got through yesterday alright and the coffee you had today has managed to get you going a little bit. 

I enjoy watching the computer graphic things with planets, its so amazing how far we have come with technology.  Some of the space images they take now are mind blowing. 

I've been watching the Moon special that has been on SBS the last few nights.  Its interesting to see all of it in colour and some of the things the astranouts went through that I had no idea about.  A lot of it wasn't particularly glamorous or talked about, like the guy throwing up in gemini 8.  

I think it's definitely a positve to keep ourselves busy, with a library or the internet or whatever it might be.  I've been finding it more of a challenge than usual lately.  

Hope you have a nce afternoon and some good home cooked tucker 🙂

Gazza

Yeah @eudemonism Its got to be what relevant for you.

I had in my head that I was not a gym type ... ra ra ra and all that positive hype ... turned me off ... but in the end it offered me health positives that made a huge difference ... I learned a lot about exercise and my body ....and I learned to relate a bit to people that I did not normally relate with.  

I feel happier doing exercise while I am volunteering at the zoo and being active ... that is more type of personality ... but I would not have gotten there without the rehab exercises and specific feedback of doing different exercises that the gym machines provide.  I still run into my old gym manager ... friendly like.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Mazarita
I hope you are travelling well these days. It has been a while since I have spoken to you.
Take care 🙂
- Hamso

@Appleblossom 

Yea I'm in a moment of peril right now... my mind is racing and my thoughts are all over the place ...

Symptoms/fears whatever you want to call it ... not real pleasant to deal with ... just got to ride it out ...

Often I'm like this and often i think about reaching out; but recently I've been thinking it's pointless ...

Eude 

Part of it is reaching out @eudemonism 

but the best way I got a handle on my negative thoughts and Suicidal tendencies was to HAVE GOOD things happen in my life.  It took a long time for feel good thoughts to really take hold, as I would go into super fear ... that it was a hoax or I did not really deserve it ... or other self defeating things ... 

HOw is dog? and your photography?

Smiley Happy 

Hey @eudemonism

That sounds incredibly overwhelming and scary. I can hear that you are reaching out for forum support and that this is something you feel you can ride out.

I'm sorry to hear reaching out feels pointless recently. If you decide differently tonight there is:

Sane Help Centre: 1800 187 263

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Sometimes even if someone can listen or assist you to get through the next hour that can be helpful.

Take care,

Tortoiseshell

@Tortoiseshell 

@Appleblossom 

To much external input. I'm switching off for the night. Probably speak with you another time. 

Eude 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance