Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

sunnydays
Casual Contributor

Diagnosed with BPD

Hi Im new here. I guess I just wanted to hear about peoples experiences with this disorder and if there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have good days and bad days but Im really sick of all this suffering and pain. Im hoping to see a clinical psychologist soon because Im desperate for treatment. I feel like such a freak sometimes 😕.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Diagnosed with BPD

Hi @sunnydays

I hope you find some solace here, reading other people's stories and sharing.

Hi @sunnydays

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Forums. You're not only with feeling over tired of being on an intense emotional roller coaster that seems like it's not going to. Remember, this is part of BPD, it's the disorder, it's not you. BPD does not define who you are.

We had a Topic Tuesday a few months ago where we spoke about BPD (We hold Topic Tuesday once a month, and it's when we come to toghether to speak about an issue for a few hours). The night we spoke about BPD, many people such as @Shadow @Raven @Crazy_Bug_Lady shared the experiences with BPD. Our guest speaker @BlueButterfly50 has BPD, has done research on it, done treatment, and now facilitates support. It's a testament to things can get better.

Can I ask @sunnydays if you have currently have any treatment?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you around.

I also like to take the opportunity to the 'Friday Feast'. It's when the community gets together over a virtual meal and hangs out with each other. It could a great opportunity to mingle with some members on here. It'd also be great to get know you too! Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you there!

CB

Hey,
I was diagnosed back in February, but it was obviously a problem prior to that.
I see a psychologist every 5-6 weeks, and a psychiatrist every 3-4 weeks. My GP is also helping where he can, and I quite literally owe him my life. Without his calm persistence I would not have sought help, and would not have accepted medication.
I have a whole heap of problems with work due to my BPD, and it's causing a sh**tonne of strife atm. I work 5 days a week, and then an extra day at a farm (which is full-on, but a hobby). I am debating whether to ask if I can cut back a day at my work though, I'll put up an ask elsewhere to save this chat.
My life feels like a storm.
Sometimes there's thunder and lightning, other days it pouring rain and feels bleak and hopeless. But every now and then it clears, and there's sunlight. And as hard as it is, I need to keep fighting the storm, fighting for the sunlight. I have to keep telling myself that one day there will be more sunlight than storm.

-CBL-

Thankyou for the warm welcome 😊. Ive been getting treatment from my psychiatrist ( I dont really like her that much 😕 ) and Im also on medication which has helped immensely! But Im pretty keen to start seeing a psychologist who can help me work through the trauma I have experienced growing up. Ive found someone who has a special interest in BPD so now I have to wait until I can afford to go unfortunately ( so frustrating! ). I have to admit I was in denial about this at first and really embarrassed about it. The name really should be changed lol. Its so comforting to know there are others out there experiencing the same thing!

Im also just a bit confused about this condition because Ive only been struggling the last few years. Prior to that I was a happy healthy outgoing person. Is it possible that stress was able to bring this on somehow?

Maybe it is stress.  I dont know if there are theories about its causes beyond childhood issues.

I just did an online test and scored as if I had severe BPD.  I am not sure about my diagnosis

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance