Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

Hi @Former-Member 

Yes @Shaz51 

Good information and commmon sense. Glad other forum helped too.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Former-Member @Shaz51 

I'm fairly consistent with my diet - lots of daily veg, legumes, sometimes a bit of fish, & some cheese.

I could do with eating more eggs (as a vegetarian), but keep forgetting to cook any.

I often have low appetite - due to tiredness, which suppresses my appetite.

Especially today, when I felt a bit nauseous - which was a challenge (no I didn't eat enough).

Somehow, despite all that (& daily diarrea) - I've managed to put on weight.

My digestive system (bowels) have never worked properly for the past 4 years - since my reversal surgery (when I got rid of stoma & bag).

So I'm now over the bottom of my healthy weight range - not under-weight anymore (at the moment).

My surgery wound (from 3 months ago) is all healed up - except for the internal stitches still sticking out (through skin).

Flat tummy yes (excellent) - energy no. Surprisingly it has not picked up, since my surgery (3 months ago).

Thanks for asking.

Adge

That's the best way to eat it @Shaz51, when it's not too chunky! Perfect for this type of weather! How is your mum today? 

yes @Ali11 , mum has been home for 4 weeks now Smiley Very Happy which is great

That is great @Shaz51! Hopefully, each new day is better than the previous. Heart

me too @Ali11 , one day at a time here , last night I purred beef stew for mum xx

Finding myself wanting to stress eat but nothing unhealthy in the house ... 

Hello @Kellbell12 Smiley Happy

very understandable @Former-Member , I find stress eating on low carbs foods help , not the same but it does help

Hello @Ali11 , @Adge , @Appleblossom , @Determined 

Ha ha re stress eating @Former-Member 

I felt like that on the way home today and managed to avoid the supermarket.  NO bad food at home either.

Smiley Happy

picnics are great @Determined 

Smiley Happy

@Adge WTG you.  Glad your wound has healed. SOmetimes takes longer than expected.

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 Hugs YOU

Heart

Glad the other health specific forums are helpful.

Smiley Happy

I had a convo on Monday with a lady who said gluten intolerance was dangerous and life threatening.  My response was that some people over dramatise it.  At home I researched it  Wheat Allergy effects 1 in 1000 and can be dangerous but that is not all people with the allergy ... whereas gluten intolerance is even less than celiacs disease.

I have problems with people exaggerating like that with the attitude they are right and its a sign of caring ... or virtue signalling.  Not sure whether to correct her ...or just let it go ... but then ...what is accepted as common ... or common sense becomes something ... detached from reality.... and then people attack me with all sorts of weird statements ...anyway ... that is my PERSONAL sensitivity ... lol

Smiley HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Mad

Ha ha re stress eating @Former-Member 

I felt like that on the way home today and managed to avoid the supermarket.  NO bad food at home either.

Smiley Happy

picnics are great @Determined 

Smiley Happy

@Adge WTG you.  Glad your wound has healed. SOmetimes takes longer than expected.

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 Hugs YOU

Heart

Glad the other health specific forums are helpful.

Smiley Happy

I had a convo on Monday with a lady who said gluten intolerance was dangerous and life threatening.  My response was that some people over dramatise it.  At home I researched it  Wheat Allergy effects 1 in 1000 and can be dangerous but that is not all people with the allergy ... whereas gluten intolerance is even less than celiacs disease.

I have problems with people exaggerating like that with the attitude they are right and its a sign of caring ... or virtue signalling.  Not sure whether to correct her ...or just let it go ... but then ...what is accepted as common ... or common sense becomes something ... detached from reality.... and then people attack me with all sorts of weird statements ...anyway ... that is my PERSONAL sensitivity ... lol

Smiley HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Mad

@Ali11  I really like your style of being more active on the forums.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance