Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Suicidal AF

Need to hang on with this for another few months. 
All I want/am capable of is staying in bed all day. That is not an option unfortunately. 
How do I 'suck it up' and get through the next few months despite an almost continuous train of thought telling me to end it today? 

36 REPLIES 36
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Suicidal AF

Hey @Former-Member , I am very sorry you are finding it really tough at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have any wise words of encouragement to help. I just wanted to let you know that I heard you and am happy to chat anytime. 

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member,
Was just really hoping someone had some coping ideas I could utilise. Kinda at the end of my tether. Need a better way to hold on.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah sorry @Former-Member , I am not that far behind you and have nothing to offer sorry. I just wanted you to be heard, because for me sometimes that's enough to have me back away from the edge. 

@Former-Member @nashy 

hey @Former-Member
I can understand how tough that train of thought is esp whe it never seems to end.
can I ask what you mean by only hanging on for a few months though?

some coping strategies might be
- make a daily goal. having a goal can help motivate us to get up out of bed
-plan something nice or something to look forward to each day whether that be a chocolate, icecream, watching a fave movie or doing something crafty, just something you might like to do.
-do the basics everyday- get up, have breakfast, lunch and dinner, shower and brush teeth. if that's all you can manage that's better then nothing.

-journaling
-find some new walking trails
- learn to play an instrument
-take up a new study course
- contact your supports if need be including here as well
-try out some new recipies to keep your mind occupied

we have a thread called 'got a good coping strategy-share it here' that has lots of suggestions too

Hello, this is @Bandars here.
I totally can relate to sleeping in all day especially in this cold Tiger T. ! It's very hard to just survive. If you want to chat about things please feel free to.
Take real good care ok

Hi again @Former-Member,  I'm really sorry to see that you're going through a tough time tonight and have sent you an email so you might like to check your inbox when you get a chance.  Take it easy and remember that SANE and the forum community are here to support you...take care and go gently

Can totally relate, I'm sleeping all day and night, fighting suicidal thoughts and have no supports. It's so hard during this time and I feel like no one knows how to support you as they are struggling themselves. I'm more isolated now in this 'ISO' than ever before. Lost all my spark and energy. 

Hi @Fog , Welcome to the SANE forums!  It's great to have you here and thanks for sharing with the community.  I'm the moderator this evening and just want to let you know that I'll be send you an email to check in and see how you're going.   

I can hear that, like many people, you're finding the current covid19 situation difficult and it's great that you've reached out to chat.  If you need some extra support you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467 (they also have chat services). 

Although the forum isn't a counselling or crisis service, I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.  Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care and hope to see you around the forums! 🙂 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Right about now is when it gets its worst. I can't think, I can't feel, I can't do anything, my whole body is just screaming at me, my brain is swollen with the thought of it.
It's my entire being. 

It's all that I am. 
I just want it all over, now. 
But I have to hide, and pretend, and keep it all in. Keep it all to myself. Until the lights are off, and everyone is asleep. 
Then I can fall apart. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance