Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Has anyone tried hypnotherapy? I’m at my wits end

@Serenity1 surprisingly yes, i'm sure i've driven shrinks up the wall wanting to be logic-ed out of stuff and i'm a bit skeptical of things but i did try a book on it and some youtube stuff.

it may have had some effect on self confidence, maybe i was a little less obsessive. the problem i've found is a lot of these people start going on about energies and random uscientific nonsense, there's definitely some wackjobs practicing it.

if i was going to see someone i'd go to someone with a background in psychology or is a psychologist that offers it, you may have other more important issues that may be better dealt with first and it might not be the best thing for you.

it seems hypnosis is not that different from meditating and getting into the zone, then dropping some positive suggestions to yourself . not advice though

Re: Has anyone tried hypnotherapy? I’m at my wits end

Hi @HOT ,

I've got a self-hypnosis program, and I do believe that it's beneficial. Not an overall problem-solver in itself, but I'd liken it to patches welded over a rupture in a ship's hull. They won't save me, but they may just give me the extra miles I need to get back to port where I can get a proper solution.

I've noticed that the process has made me feel better and corrected a lot of the negativity that others attempt to throw at me and make it pleasant instead. It's not foolproof, because I guess on the subconcious level I am still aware that I'm trapped all alone in a terrible world full of terrible people, but it certainly weakens the blows.

That being said, my experiance offers no guarantees, as I'm told that hypnosis is something that all people are born with a certain degree of suseptibility to. Some people are completely immune to it, so that might mean you. Smiley Sad On the other hand, you could just as likely be totally suseptible to it. You won't know until you try. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance