Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sapphire2
Senior Contributor

Getting back on track

Hello everyone,

I am just letting you know that I was at risk developing Anorexia again from the situation with the scammers. What does this cause:

1-"Lovebooming"- a fake relationship that is toxic that leads to unhealthy addictions.

2-With lovebooming the scammer sweet talks you..

3-The scammer will ask for gift cards or money for doing a membership.

4-They will pretend to be a person you know.

5-This can affect your mental health with old addictions. For example by the lovebooming my Anorexia was affected. I am not eating properly. So I spoke to my psychiatrist and psychologist and they both agree my eating disorders are impacted by the scammer situation.

6-Psychosis can be induced by stressful situations.too. To do with lovebooming that can set it off. (Each person is different) Talk to your doctor.

7-Also Visual and Auditory hallucinations can be triggered. (Talk to your doctor)

The best thing you can do is to come up with a plan for recovery after the situation is done. So you need to see your doctor, psychologist or psychiatrist and come up with a plan to tackle you needs. Because mental health is affected in some shape or form. The best you can do is to seek mental health treatment immediately.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Getting back on track

Hey @Sapphire2 🙂

Thank you for sharing your story and giving some valuable insights that can help others on the forums.

How have you been traveling in your journey of recovery?

Re: Getting back on track

Hey @Sapphire2 thanks so much for sharing,

Bringing awareness to online scammers and particularly love scams is so important, the destruction to peoples mental health and wellbeing these scammers can do is horrific! I am so sorry you have been through something like this, that is absolutely awful. But it sounds like you're super aware and on the right track now, and this is all excellent advice for others who might suspect they're in a similar situation.

I hope things continue to improve and go well for you 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance