Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

hello @TAB , @Teej , @frog , @Appleblossom , @Faith-and-Hope , @Cc77 

this morning we have repotted some succulents and planted some plants

@frog It sure is a busy day.  I can only get that busy occasionally now.  Getting old maybe.  Hope you enjoy the movie ... isnt predicta text funny ... ha ha ... moving

Smiley Happy

Onya @TAB 

Smiley Happy

First weight loss is usually higher due to loss of water.  Healthy loss is supposed to be around 1 1/2 kg for first week and then drops down to half kilo.  A kilo is a lot of weight.

I never could buy that shit. I just kept active and and ate heathyish all my life. At 16, Had a bf who was nasty about girls and weight and taking stuff to help.  I was not big at the time, just not skinny. Had a very big gf who I went to weight watchers with when young and SIL who bought weight watchers big time and put it on my girls.  

By the time I had enough money to afford a gym I was in so much pain, it was always pain reduction that was the goal, not looking good for that 8 years.  Then I guess I got a bit angry about all the "looking good stuff" men put on women. I had already worked out the bit that women put on women.  At my 2nd last gyspy gig a man said with gentle reproof that I looked academic.  Ha ha so tripped over an opshop next gig and ramped up the gyp look.  Will discuss different rates of cost of clothing ....per gender ...with him in future.

My main desire was that son got a handle on his weight.  His dad had been overweight when I met him due to antipsychotic meds.  I wanted him to know overweight was not in our genes, even tho we had been told enought at MI was. My son is doing it. So proud mum.

When goals are more like hopes and dreams we have to be a bit subtle.

Dont get me on SMART goals ... tho they have a place.

Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Today I tossed out his grey water from shower while he was sorting thu his jobs.  Good water and animal husbandry is so important, for us all and the planet.

Ooops on me high horse.

Smiley Embarassed

Have a good day all

Smiley Happy

hearing you @Appleblossom  think percentages re weight loss more use? well if 100kg person loses 1kg vs 75kg loses a kilo surely its easier for heavier one to lose same amount? anyway will try. am a few steps past anything can remotely not be concerned by So need to start somewhere

Sounds fair to me. @TAB Good luck with it. 

I could lose some,  but focussing on it does me head in. 

Smiley HappySmiley Embarassed

I had a lot of gym input ... then my son took over my membership ... but one side of mumming is feeding ... so had to enjoy that too ... getting balances right is often tricky.

My weight has been so stable that my nurse was amazed when she weighed me on her superscale that it was exactly the same a year later ....dunno wot that means ...

Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Surprised

I used to be able to just not eat bad food regularly and lose weight, cant anymore or forgotten how, yes i cannot count *alories etc I can ban foods though @Appleblossom 

good afternoon all on the thread 

@Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @frog  @eudemonism I'm having a productive day

- got up 6am, did a 10km hike, jogged for 2-3kms of it

- showered & dressed, yoga, brushed teeth & flossed - ah minty fresh!

- did a big load of dishes, hung up wet clothes

- having a healthy lunch of carrot soup then off to work

Hope I have enough stamina to work the arvo shift & didn't use up all my energy on the hike! will let you know how I go

Hope all on the thread have a peaceful Wednesday Smiley Happy

good afternoon all on the thread, My post got removed by the mods yesterday because I put too much detail into what goals I had achieved. Seems very unfair & a demotivating thing to do to someone who struggles with motivation due to mental illness. but here's the edited version...

@Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @frog @eudemonism had a productive day yesterday

- got up 6am, did a hike, jogged for the down hill part of it

- showered & dressed, yoga, brushed teeth & flossed - ah minty fresh!

- did a big load of dishes, hung up wet clothes

- having a healthy lunch of carrot soup then off to work

- worked arvo shift, very busy, then home & a healthy dinner

Hope had enough stamina to work the arvo shift & didn't use up all my energy on the hike! so I'm grateful for that.

Hope all on the thread have a peaceful Thursday. Hope anyone who can will support me today with my achievements will  as I'm feel pretty punished after the mods removed them yesterday & I'd appreciate the help Smiley Happy

@TAB I can ban food too, but tend not to do total bans as that can generate temptation.

When feeding more than oneself it is more complex.  I ran a kitchen that was vegan and keto friendly for 8 years ... other people's needs .....

I do have body image issues and mixed up about whether I even want to attract anyone ...so sometimes like being invisible ... have a bad hair day to scare em off ... then people will say I am hot ... and tease me with ... tshhh ouch! ....or tell me I am a good flirt and I dont have a clue what they are talking about ...  whatever ... 

Am focussing on core work atm ... forgot for a while. More important for women ....

@BryanaCamp 

Big Congrats on your motivation and achievements.

Smiley Happy

I had a sense of notching up success as helpful ... but then later wondered if I was giving TMI ...

@BryanaCamp 

A big problem I've got ... is decision making and initiative, and maybe some confidence ... definitely not lacking insight ... or awareness ...

I hope the rest of your day goes well ...

Eude 

way to go my awesome @BryanaCamp , it could be just one word that is rejected my friend xoxoxo

Helllooo @Appleblossom , @Teej , @eudemonism , @TAB 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance