Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

HI, thank you for your post, @Shaz51 . The ’Now nothing…” spoke to me. May the space of nothing allow something to stir in your heart. I recall someone telling me to gaze at a point of light on a leaf or an object and this can bring calm, beauty. 

My son cries suddenly at times. He has a message in his soul that repeats to him often “ No one rings me. No one cares” This causes me sadness and sometimes I get mad at him not seeming to understand that people do care about him but do not want the close friendship he wants because he has been unreliable on meths, though now he seems to be holding off as he is on injections each month [medication name removed] so he does not get the same effect he used to… and this puts him off. I think it comes from his childhood and I long for him to process and be in touch with this to find some healing. I worked as an arts therapist for many years and saw how healing can come from this. But I was so passionate, my own children got put off. And you cant be a therapist to your own family. Sigh!  Sometimes he sleeps so much. Yesterday slept til 2pm and then took sleeping pills again at 6pm. I think he sleeps to avoid his sadness at this time of year. I have a chest infection and ned to rest, but have my grandson in my care and need to try to keep him off computor all day. Life goes on and we must keep going. … love to you all out there, Battling and dreaming…

Hey @Shaz51 , the post above was for you. I'm not sure if the tagging worked.

Hello @Mother1 

Thank you for sharing your story 

Sending you hugs 

Yes my "now nothing " means cuppa time out under the trees

Or doing nothing explaining the unexpected to happen 

Have you have something you like to do or hobbies you like ?

One day at a time here too , here for you 

My husband says really hurtful things sometimes. It’s hard to get them out of my head. I need more space from him but it’s difficult 

Hey @Poole thank you for being vulnerable with the community and lovely to have you here on the Forums.

It sounds like a tough situation to deal with when the people closest to us say hurtful things. I wonder have you told him how you feel about what he says? Sometimes having a conversation about how you feel rather than what they say is a good way to approach people who say hurtful things.

There is a phone support line called 1800 RESPECT who may be able to support you with this and how it makes you feel. I encourage you to contact them if you feel it would be beneficial.

Take care

RiveSeal 

Thanks being validated is great! When I tell him such things he just looks at me without any comment. But I will keep in mind the phone number. I just try and remember dealing with mental illness is hard and lots of us are feeling this way too. 

Hello @Amy1972 , @Poole , @Mother1 , @Krishna , @RiverSeal , @Healandlove  

How are you going today my friends 

Coming home today my partner was speeding and I felt unsafe. He cannot stand being overtaken by other cars.
He disregards and minimises my complaints. Thinking I need to avoid putting myself in this situation.

Hey @Poole , I'm so sorry to hear this. 

It is understandable that you were feeling unsafe. 

Have you ever spoken to him about how it affects you?

Lovely @Shaz51 , thank you for the tag!

Today I'd not a good day but I am now taking time to myself while the children are asleep and my husband watches TV. I am here catching up in the forum and will read shortly.

Hope everyone's evening is calm and restful.

🥰🥰🥰

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance