Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Box

Hi and welcome to the forums @Tinsel 👋

Hi @Tinsel @Joy99  and welcome to the forums.  great that you have found this thread.

Hello also @Crazy_Bug_Lady @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @LadyCaroline  and others who may read this - I hear that the word 'coping' may not work for some of you.

It just had me thinking that perhaps 'in recovery' or something like that might work better and this :  Recovery Model  might be helpful.  

Have a peaceful day all.

Hi @Tinsel @Joy99  and welcome to the forums. xxx

Hello @eth , @Crazy_Bug_Lady , @Faith-and-Hope , xx

👋 Hi @Shaz51 .....

Fully into a coping box at the moment .....

ohhhh @Faith-and-Hope  arre you ok my friend xxx

My personal Coping Box doesn't have much in it @Shaz51 @eth

Nothing that helps much, anyway.

Even though a Psychologist said that I have a great Toolbox of Coping Strategies....

Adge

I will be @Shaz51 ❣️

Hi @Adge  do any of the things listed here (if you go to previous pages there are many) resonate with you or feel worth a try?  Maybe you could start keeping a list somewhere and when you do find yourself in a better mood jot down what's happening at the time that's helping. Then when you're not feeling so good you can go to your list for suggestions of things to do.  I know one thing that would def be in your coping box - spending time with your beautiful birds  Heart

Thanks @eth

Interesting coincidence (your suggestion).

My psychologist has repeatedly suggested that I make a new habit -

Of sitting outside, on a chair for that purpose - to watch & spend time with my birds.

That's something I don't do (so far), because I'm not comfortable outside in my own back yard.

My side & back neighbours make so much loud noise (very invasive), that my own back yard does Not feel like my own space.

I go out to look at my birds (& I always hear them from inside the house) - but I stand there looking, say hello to them all, then go back inside.

If I do start sitting outside with my birds - my psych wants me to take photos to show her (as proof).

What a nerve, meant very caringly I'm sure....Smiley Tongue

Adge

I used to spend lots of time outside gardening - because plants are a passion of mine (past 40 years).

Then when my marriage ended 9 years ago, that changed abruptly.

I don't feel comfortable or safe living on my own  (past 9 years).

I find neighbour noise (banging & shouting etc) intolerable.

That has not got any easier - the neighbours have become far louder over the past few years....

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance