Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

YouAreNotAlone
Bushfire Community Ambassador

What did you do on the anniversary of the fires?

I know that by now, most of us have passed the first anniversary of the bushfires that destroyed our communities.

Did you do anything to commemorate it? How have you all been coping?

For me... I went for a walk through unburnt areas and wrote part of a poem. I plan to write a song. I also wrote a few things here and there.

Anyone else do anything like this?

Sending you all OODLES OF LOVE.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What did you do on the anniversary of the fires?

I am just mindful about it in my general conversations when the weather and the relatively cool summer we are in, is mentioned.  Important that we do not count on it and forget our continent's realities, as well as the great suffering, and loss of life and security.  Lest we Forget ....can apply to many situations.  We need to learn from the past.  Even with flash flooding in some places we are still a water stressed land, so those floods do more damage than a small downpour as they wash all the soil away.  Its not solved by averaging out statistics.  

Re: What did you do on the anniversary of the fires?

@YouAreNotAlone that sounds like a great comemorative activity! That poem sounds lovely- would be great to see if you're happy to share it 😊 

@Former-Member I've no doubt your thoughtfulness and how mindful you are of the potentially triggering nature of some of those topics might be for those affected by natural disasters like bushfires and floods is greatly appreciated. Great point about lest we forget being translatable to a number of different situations too- I hadn't thought of that before, but it makes so much sense. 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: